classical music friday!
so here’s a piece by johann sebastian bach called ich ruf zu dir, herr jesu christ that was arranged by leopold stokowski who’s a pretty big orchestral conductor from the early 20th century up until is death in 1977 (he lived to be 95 btw, not bad).
the song itself was actually originally a piece for chorale but has most commonly been played on organ. however, stokowski does a wonderful arrangement for a full orchestra that’s just so fantastically lush and moving.
still quite baroque, but definately rich with stokowski’s sense of flow.
Click play, enjoy
Tags: #good music #bach #stokowski #classical music friday
- muthing reblogged this from sammneiland
- shakumba likes this
- tyranny-saurus reblogged this from forgetful01
- freespiriteddork likes this
- forgetful01 reblogged this from adorabledeathray
- deathcomes4u reblogged this from sammneiland
- deathcomes4u likes this
- abstractdramatic likes this
- adorabledeathray reblogged this from funkeecephalopod
- funkeecephalopod reblogged this from sammneiland and added:
- callmesherly reblogged this from sammneiland
- aplaceholderfornow likes this
- nachttour likes this
- homeisforyou likes this
- sammneiland posted this