i know most of you probably dont leave your rooms but
do any of you have tips for first time flyers
cause i’m going to chicago in six days and i’ve never been this far away from home and i have no idea how airports work
I fly all of the time out to see my family in Pennsylvania. At least 4 times a year usually.
- Wear very comfortable and loose clothing and the easiest to slip off/slip on shoes you have. Don’t wear any metal but you can pack it if you want to wear it on the trip.
- Do not put any liquids in your carry on stuff. Shampoos, toothpaste, lotions etc should go in your luggage or it’ll get taken away.
- Make sure a form of photo ID is very easily accessible almost always.
- If you are calm and relaxed, security will be calm and relaxed. Nothing to worry about or stress about if you just slide through.
- Triple check for anything metal before going through the metal detectors because getting caught can sometimes drag things out
- If there any electronics you don’t plan on using on the plane, I’d pack them in your luggage because they make you take all electronics out and put them through the scanners at security. It’s quicker and less effort.
- I thought it went without saying but have a lot of friends who didn’t realize this. Don’t plan on having access to any sort of electronic device that has a signal. Your 3DS should not have it’s wifi activated and you aren’t suppose to have your phone on or off airplane mode.
- Take off and landing are the only times where it can get kind of scary. All you need to know is that you are in something that is checked over and designed so thoroughly to keep you safe. It is flown by people who do this multiple times a day every day and have it down to the point where there is such little room for error that you will be completely fine.
- When is the flight? If it’s very early morning, I’d advise not sleeping so the moment you get on you can pass out immediately. Great way to waste time.